Manual Lymphatic Drainage
There are two types of lymphedema, Primary and Secondary Lymphedema
The THYMUS GLAND, Spleen, LYMPH and Lymph nodes are all part of the Lymphatic system
How is Edema different from Lymphedema?
Edema is swelling caused by fluid trapped in your body's tissues.
Lymphedema is an abnormal conditions that occurs when the lymphatic system is impaired.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage massage can potentially help people with the following conditions
- stress and insomnia
- fluid retention
- acute and chronic inflammation
- facial rejuvenation
Did you know ----
- Manual Lymphatic drainage massage can speed up the movement of lymph by up to 20 times faster
- The two manual lyjphatic drainage massage techniqes that I use are circle and pump strokes
- The lymphatic systemhas junctions along along it from one valve to another valve. These are known as lymphangions
- The presure used is about the weight of a hand
- It drastically reduces the amount and time of bruising post cosmetic surgery
- A great treatment for a sprained Ankle
Pregnancy is contraindicative to Manual Lymphatic Drainage
The following are contraindicative to neck manual lymphatic drainage
- overactive thyroid function
- overly sensitive sinus caroticus
- cardiac arrhythmia